Traditional methods have proven insufficient to address these problems and hence Computational Intelligence techniques present themselves as a more appealing alternative.
For these reasons, S2 Grupo's head of R&D, Dr. Anna Esparcia-Alcázar, will be co-chairing evoRISK 2012, the track on Computational Intelligence for Risk Management, Security and Defence Applications, part of the evoApplications conference. evoRISK, which is also co-chaired by Dr. Sara Silva of INESC-ID (Portugal), will be held in Málaga (Spain) from April 11th to the 13th within the evoStar event, www.evostar.org.
evoRISK seeks both theoretical developments and applications of Computational Intelligence to these subjects. All bio-inspired computational paradigms are welcome, mainly Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, but also Fuzzy Logic, Intelligent Agent Systems, Neural Networks, Cellular Automata, Artificial Immune Systems and others, including hybrids. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Cyber crime: anomaly detection systems, attack prevention and defence, threat forecasting systems, anti spam, antivirus systems, cyber warfare, cyber fraud
- IT Security: Intrusion detection, behaviour monitoring, network traffic analysis ...
- Resilient and self-healing systems
- Risk management: identification, prevention, monitoring and handling of risks, risk impact and probability estimation systems, contingency plans, real time risk management
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Military, counter-terrorism and other defence related aspects
- Disaster relief and humanitarian logistics
- Real-world applications of these subjects
The deadline for submissions is November 30th 2011. We look forward to your contributions and to seeing you in Málaga!