- Considered the best risk analysis and management tool, it has been approved for use by NATO, and is one of the elements assessed by the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) of the International Telecommunication Union placing Spain in 7th place among the 10 countries with the highest degree of commitment to cybersecurity in the world.
- This initiative was launched following an agreement between S2 Grupo and the National Cryptological Center together with José Antonio Mañas, creator of the tool.
Valencia, June 18, 2019.- The Valencian company S2 Grupo will be responsible for marketing and developing the PILAR tool of the National Cryptological Center, which is considered as the best in the field of cybersecurity for the analysis and management of risks associated with cybercrime, with the aim of improving national cybersecurity in all sectors.
To this end, S2 Grupo has made an agreement with the National Cryptological Center and José Antonio Mañas, creator of the tool, who will collaborate with his team to improve and evolve it as a senior consultant in cyber-risk analysis.
PILAR, which has been approved for use by NATO, has been one of the elements that have been assessed by the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and that have placed Spain in the 7th place among the 10 countries that show the highest degree of commitment to cybersecurity in the world and the 5th in Europe.
“This agreement is of great value for S2 Grupo because, in addition to allowing us to increase our product portfolio, it shows the confidence of the CCN with the work developed by our company nationally and internationally, and expresses our commitment to offer companies and institutions of any sector the highest standards of cybersecurity as well as continuous improvement“, said José Rosell, managing-partner of S2 Grupo.
“PILAR is the most widely implemented tool in our country in the area of risk management and analysis. Our goal will be to work on it so that our team of experts, together with José Antonio Mañas, can make a powerful improvement of its usability that facilitates its handling. At the same time, we will establish a very ambitious roadmap of the tool in order to adapt it to the future challenges that arise in the field of cybersecurity”, said Miguel A. Juan, managing-partner of S2 Grupo.
Among the goals for the evolutionary development of PILAR, is the dynamic analysis of risks, its configuration “as a service”, as well as the implementation of a private cloud that guarantees security and the definition of specific risk profiles for different sectors. This will make it possible to characterize specific threats, depending on the field, and increase the capacity of cyber-protection.
About PILAR: the best national tool in cyber-risk analysis and management.
PILAR is a set of tools whose function is the analysis and risk management of an information system following the Magerit methodology (Information Systems Risk Analysis and Management Methodology) and which has been developed in coordination with the CCN and partially financed by it.
This technology is periodically updated and some variants have been created on it for better application. In this way, it currently exists:
- PILAR: full version of the tool
- PILAR Basic: simple version for SMEs and Local Administration
- μPILAR: reduced PILAR version, designed to perform very rapid risk analyses
- RMAT (Risk Management Additional Tools)